Leading Primary Mathematics (NPQLPM)
Why complete an NPQ in Leading Behaviour and Culture
The NPQ Leading Primary Maths is the newest programme released by the DfE. The programme is designed to support teachers with learning how to use mastery approaches to teach maths effectively in the classroom. NPQLPM has been designed by experts in leading maths from our Maths Hub partners. Completing this programme will provide you with a firm foundation in leading and developing maths for your school.
NPQLPM will support you to:
- Build on your previous mastery learning and further develop your skills as a subject leader.
- Develop a positive culture for maths teaching and embed effective approaches across your primary setting.
- Lead and develop teachers to: plan lessons so pupils build their knowledge, support inclusion of pupils, manage their workload, understand and use consistent maths vocabulary.
Who is this for?
NPQLPM is designed for teachers and leaders with responsibility for leading maths across a primary key-stage or school, or those who want to have this responsibility.
- Teachers familiar with mastery approaches to teaching primary maths, who want to improve leadership skills in this area
- Subject leaders in a school already engaged in the primary Teaching for Mastery programme or similar programme example
Fill in our expression of interest form to have an informal conversation with us about this NPQ.
What is the time commitment?
This course will:
- Take 12 months to complete
- Involve an average of 1 to 2 hours of study each week
- Be a mix of self-study and group sessions
- Have a written assessment
- Start February 2024
What is the time course structure?
The course includes 10 topics, outlined in the course framework. Providers use this framework to design their course.
The course includes:
- Independent study
- Group coaching
- Face-to-face sessions with other participants
You’ll need to spend 1 to 2 hours a week working on this NPQ.
If you can, you should do this during work hours in career development time.