Apply for an NPQ
Invest in your team's success with our NPQs.
Applications are now open for places on our fully funded NPQs starting in Spring 2024. If you're not quite ready to apply, but you want to find out more, fill out our expression of interest form and we will get in touch for a relaxed conversation.
Empower your teachers and leaders with specialist knowledge to reach new heights, whether they're seasoned professionals or aspiring leaders. Unlock your team's full potential and equip them to deliver their best with our development opportunities.
Please see all of our NPQ programmes below.
Each programme is listed below the Lead Provider we work with to deliver that specific programme.
To apply for an NPQ with Redhill Teaching Hub, follow these steps.
1. Talk to your Headteacher
- Your Head Teacher, Chair of Governors or SLT Line Manager will need to complete a sponsorship form acknowledging that the school supports your application and your release from school to attend the training.
- If you are the Head Teacher, this can be completed by your trust Line Manager or Chair of Governors.
2. Complete your registration with the DfE
- In order to apply for your NPQ and access the available scholarship for your school to fund the NPQ, you will need to register your application with the DfE.
- To do this you will need your Teacher Reference Number (TRN) to register.
- If you don't have your TRN, but you work in a school in England, you can apply for a TRN here.
3. When prompted,you will need to select the relevant NPQ lead provider, please see below:
If you are applying for Headship, Senior Leadership, Leading Literacy, or Early Years Leadership
Please select TEACH FIRST
If you are applying for Early Leadership, Leading Teacher Development, Leading Teaching, Leading Behaviour and Culture, or Leading Primary Maths.
Please select The Church of England
When applying with The Church of England, you will be asked to select your area/Diocese on their application form, which you will receive after completing your DfE registration.
Please choose: East Midlands, Area 6 Nottinghamshire: Redhill Teaching School Hub.
4. Complete the application form
Once you have registered, you will receive an application form.
Please answer the questions in as much detail as you can, as the most common reason for applications to be rejected is brevity of response. We suggest giving yourself at least 20 minutes to complete the form, and providing a minimum response to each question of 50 words. This information helps the Lead Provider assess your suitability for the course selected.
You will receive the application form via email once your DfE registration has been validated.
5. Sign and return your NPQ Contract
For applications through Teach First, once your application form is accepted, a contract will be sent to you. This should be co-signed by your head, line manager or chair of governors.
For applications through CEFEL, your Headteacher will automatically receive a sponsorship form which must be completed in order to complete your application.
Get in touch
If you need any support with your application process, or help in deciding which NPQ is suitable for you, please get in touch.
Redhill Hub NPQ Programme Lead, Laura Candlin, is available Tuesday to Friday at email@example.com or 07831324490, or you can contact the Redhill Hub team at firstname.lastname@example.org