Our ECF training offer
Redhill Teaching Hub partners with Education Development Trust (EDT) to deliver the Early Career Framework (ECF).
Our ECF training supports schools to fulfil their statutory entitlement to provide a fully funded, 2-year package of structured support for early career teachers (ECTs), linked to the best available research evidence. By choosing to train your ECTs with us, you will;
- have full access to DfE funding.
- have full access to DfE accredited materials.
- have a reliable point of contact and support throughout via the Hub.
To view the Education Development Trust programme click here or scroll down to download the brochure.
Funding for the ECF
The Department for Education is funding all training, at no cost to schools.
From September 2021, schools need to provide all new teachers with developmental support and training over 2 years.
All state funded schools offering statutory induction receive additional funding to deliver the ECF. Careful registration on the DfE portal will secure this funding which schools will receive as part of their core funding on completion of the programme.
The funding covers:
- 5% off timetable in the second year of induction for all early career teachers to undertake induction activities including training and mentoring.
- Funding for mentors to carry out training with early career teachers in the second year of induction - this is based on 20 hours of mentoring across the academic year.
Guided instructions as to how to register your ECTs and mentors can be found on this page.
If you need any help registering your ECTs, mentors or induction tutors please contact us via email or phone - we are happy to help!
The DfE’s ‘Manage training for ECTs’ page provides information on registering new ECTs/mentors, withdrawing or changing your registration details.
Registration for ECTs starting in September 2022 is open now.