This new role has been introduced as part of the Early Career Framework. This role is a pivotal one to the success of the programme and therefore schools will be given funding to facilitate the Mentor to attend regular training for their role.
This role provides an exciting opportunity for staff to gain experience and develop expertise in coaching and mentoring and access a high-quality training programme.
Mentors will need to meet regularly with their ECT(s) in order to carry out their responsibilities, which include:
- working with their school to make sure ECTs receive a high-quality induction programme
- providing support and feedback to their ECTs, encouraging and challenging them as appropriate
- providing or arranging mentoring and coaching around specific phases and subject areas
- ensuring their ECTs stays up to date with the programme and stay on track to complete the training
- ensuring staff who work alongside the ECTs are aware of particular areas for development and contribute to the support of the ECTs
WEBINAR: Early Career Framework - Mentor Induction